Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Bear!

This week's CSCC is a color challenge based on "Finding Nemo." What's not to love? I love, love, love that movie and I love, love, love color challenges! :) This movie is about adventure and relationships and I've been loving (can I say "love" more in one post?) the adventure of life that my husband and I are on. What a blessed journey!

This week is Glen's birthday. For whatever reason, I have not managed to get birthdays, anniversaries, etc, on the calendar in a way that I will remember to make cards for the people that are important to us! Note to self, you really must figure that one out - desk pad? Hang one up next to the craft table? Anyway... Glen was on a motorcycle ride yesterday so I wrapped his gifts and all of a sudden it dawned on me that I didn't have a card yet. I don't usually like tying personal cards into a challenge format but sometimes it is a good way to get the crafty juices flowing. The birthday card I made Glen was a wonderful departure from all of the holiday cards I've been making lately for my shop and upcoming fair:

This card features the navy blue, aqua, white, and two variations of the salmon/orange - a pale version on the designer paper and the twine, and a deeper version in the buttons. I sure hope he likes it!

Supplies:
Verve - Beautiful You stamp set
SU! - Brilliant Blue cardstock and ink
PTI - Aqua Mist cardstock and ink, white cardstock
DCWV - Be Mine Stack
Twine - Martha Stewart
Nestabilities - Labels 8
Buttons from my stash

4 comments:

  1. Aww, such a sweet sentiment! Sure to melt his heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that sentiment! And your card is simply beautiful - I am sure that Glen will love it! The embellished side is so beautiful and the way you did the colors are awesome!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cinema Saturday!!! yay :)!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card -I love the verse!!

    ReplyDelete