Sunday, August 9, 2009

Submissions

Yikes, I'm submitting four cards to Cards Magazine for the January issue! I wish I would have had the confidence to look for submission guidelines sooner because the deadline for January is tomorrow! I have all of the supplies for their Style Challenge, too, drat! Anyway, the February issue's deadline isn't until September so I'll have a bit more time to make some cards for that.

I've been crafting up a storm lately and am so happy with the way some projects are turning out. There is quite a difference in the cards I made when I started and the cards I'm making now. Each and every one of them has a bit of a personality and I just love seeing how they turn out. Kinda reminds me of what I heard about Michelangelo - how the figures existed already in the marble he worked with and he felt his job was to bring them out.

Anyway, I'm trying to get my Etsy shop up to date, get my Facebook fan page (I'm Crafty) up an running, participating in challenges, and just making cards for friends and family. Wow, feels like a lot! I am still behind on making a card for a birthday party this coming weekend - for my good friend's 2-year old daughter. One thing I definitely don't have in the masses of supplies I've found myself with...kids stuff! I'll make sure to post a pic of whatever I put together. Wish me luck! :) Oh, and I'll be back later this week with my answer to Dawn's latest...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer! Thank you so much for the comment! Very cool you visited Germany! How did you like it? You wrote you were to east Berlin - actually I come from the eastern part of Germany, I just moved to the south to study :) Anyhow, can't wait to see your take on the challenge! Many greetings!

    ReplyDelete