Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sold!

I made my first sale on Saturday - one of my favorite cards, too! I've been selling a few things on eBay lately, so getting a payment to my PayPal account isn't such a strange occurrence, what was strange was the fact that I didn't have any auctions ending and the payment was for an odd amount. I thought for a minute and realized I had sold my first card!

I have no idea who the buyer is, but thank you! I've sent my Etsy shop link to a few friends and have it posted on a couple of networking sites I belong to, but really have no idea how this person from Minnesota found me.

I sent out the card on Tuesday after the holiday and haven't gotten feedback yet. I sure hope she likes it and am curious to see what the public (not my friends and family) thinks of my work. I'll let you know!

I've been on a bit of a draught lately - my job has had my candle burning on both ends and my husband and I are in the final stages of planning our big trip to Europe - so I haven't been to the drawing board until last night. I got three sets of Nestabilities which I have been dying to play with and so I did. You can see on my flickr the two new cards I made with the new die cuts - the elephant and the sage/pink "best wishes."

I'm not sure what will be next. I'm curious about gift tags and have had fun making a few for personal use. Maybe a set or two for Etsy and I really want to use some of the new patterned paper I have. I really need some colored ink pads and am looking forward to the new Stampin' Up! catalog that is coming out July 1st. I'm desperately trying to make due with what I have until we get back from our trip. Seriously, too, I could just use what I have and make cards for a long time, but what is the fun in that? :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first sale! I just had mine a few weeks ago and definitely know how exciting that first sale is! Your cards are beautiful! Those sales are just going to keep coming in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Angelina, and congrats on your sale, too!! I love your pillows and the fabrics you use are so rich! Love, love, love them!!

    ReplyDelete